Looking for Tigercat

BigMoby2

Reaction score
Would like to buy a 1999-2000 26 ft Tigercat in good condtion. Live in South FL but willing to talk to Southeast US.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Would like to buy a 1999-2000 26 ft Tigercat in good condtion. Live in South FL but willing to talk to Southeast US.
I’ve seen this one on Craigslist in Florida as well for quite some time. It’s not mine, nor do I know if it’s legit or not. It does have a 305 area code which says it is a Miami area code as well as the numbers on the side of the boat say “FL”. The ad also has quite a few pictures and the price seems to be realistic. Sounds like it could be a legitimate boat, especially one with repowered motors. Good luck!

BigMoby2

Reaction score
I’ve seen this one on Craigslist in Florida as well for quite some time. It’s not mine, nor do I know if it’s legit or not. It does have a 305 area code which says it is a Miami area code as well as the numbers on the side of the boat say “FL”. The ad also has quite a few pictures and the price seems to be realistic. Sounds like it could be a legitimate boat, especially one with repowered motors. Good luck!

Thanks Mustang -- been in contact with this boat flipper and offered him $40K but he is stuck on $45K and that is just out of my budget for now. One BEAUTIFUL cat and CLEAN too.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks Mustang -- been in contact with this boat flipper and offered him $40K but he is stuck on $45K and that is just out of my budget for now. One BEAUTIFUL cat and CLEAN too.
No worries! I saw it the other day when I was browsing the Florida Craigslist site and have seen it on there for quite some time. I would've mentioned it in the post that I made the other day about boats for sale on Craigslist but the 26 Tigercat is a pretty unique boat that it seems like only a few people are seriously interested in. That being said, if you are really serious about the boat, it's in the condition you say it's in and the seller is at $45k, whereas you're at $40k... why not see if he'll split the difference at $42.5k? If this is your dream boat and something you plan to hold onto for the next 10+ years, I'd hate to let it get away for $2,500. Besides, the worst thing that the seller can do or say is no... so I say go for it. Especially since it's a pretty uncommon/rare/unique boat that wasn't produced for many years before it was discontinued, and it has been repowered with 4 stroke motors, which I'm assuming most haven't been. Along with that, it could be the only one that pops up for sale for quite some time. There's two other's on Boat Trader right now, one is a 1998 with twin 2 stroke Johnson motors in Massachusetts for $23k but it doesn't come with the trailer and it doesn't give any information about the motors or their condition. Which makes me think a re-power or some serious work will need to be done to rebuild them. The second is a 1999 in California for $40k with twin 2 stroke Yamaha's, unknown hours and it's also a boat that's almost 3,000 miles away from you.

Fishtales

Reaction score
If you can, offer to split the difference and give him your contact info if he says no. My guess is he'll come around at some point. I agree it looks like a super boat.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk