Looking for Your Opinion on Next Grady

Green Mountain Grady

Reaction score
Hi All,
I hope everyone is having a great summer. It's been a nice boating season thus far on Lake Champlain! I have a 1991 Tournament 225 which the family loves. However, as I think forward in my life and get the kids out of college (think Grady White's are expensive!!), I'd like to move from a dual console, day trip boat to one that my wife and I can take on overnight or longer adventures in addition to putzing around the lake. For example, I'd like to go from Lake Champlain thru the canals and Hudson River to LI Sound or head North to Montreal and Quebec City. Was thinking in the 28-32' range, dual outboards, sleep aboard with kitchen/ bath facilities. So, any opinions on which Grady models would satisfy this mission would be most appreciated. I'm still four years from booting the last one out of the nest but it's fun to dream and look!! Thanks All!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Do you have to trailer? If not look at the Express 305 or the Express 330. If you have to trailer look at the 28 foot walk around models that unfortunately are no longer made.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The 28 foot Sailfish fits your requirements. Great boat that GW no longer makes. Used ones are becoming tougher to find and go quick if they are in top shape.

Good Luck

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There is a very nice 2005 30' Marlin for sale near me. F250s with low hours, gen set and good electronics. PM me for info if you like.

Green Mountain Grady

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'll be checking these models out as I can. Don't need it to be a trailerable model and like the idea of a wider beam for comfort and ride. Quick question, when financing a boat, I'd heard that if it has a shower (bathroom) the banks treat it like a 2nd home in terms of duration and interest rate %, do any of you guys know? Thanks

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
It is my understanding if you have a head, galley and bunk that you can deduct the interest paid on the loan as a second home for tax purposes. I am not sure how banks treat it.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
1. Smoky is 100% correct. You absolutely can deduct the interest if those 3 requirements are meant. You can google to find the IRS page on second home.

2. I will be selling a fully loaded 2004 Marlin in the not too distant future (when my rental boat slip sells). It is a wonderful boat. My intention to buy a new one before retirement.