Lost my mind...

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I bought my Overnighter from a guy in NJ who was upgrading to a Gulfstream. I'd never heard of that model so I went looking. Long story shorty, I fell in love with that model and have been looking for one ever since. Since my pockets are kind of shallow, I was looking for an older hull with newer power that was reasonably priced.

The man I bought my Overnighter from offered to trade me his Gulfstream for the Overnighter (plus a few bucks) earlier this year. In the end, it just wasn't the right boat.

For whatever reason I did a search last week on Gulfstreams and this popped up.

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Grady ... /113368201

That boat is located about 20 miles from me. It has everything I want. It looks good. I call the owner. He gives me directions to where it's parked and permission to open the cover and climb aboard. It pouring cats and dogs but the wife and I make the trip to look at it. We get soaked but love what we see. Call the owner back to see when he'll be down - he lives several hours away. We make an appointment for last Sunday morning.

I meet him at the boat - wife wisely stays home as she knows I'll be engrossed for hours and she'd be climbing the walls. He has it uncovered and we spend an hour or so with him showing me everything - good, bad, whatever. Then it's off to the boat launch area for a sea trial. Bay is fairly choppy from a stiff wind so we get to see what she'll do. I'm really pleased.

Head back in, load the boat back on the trailer and head back to his place. Spend another hour with him while he does his post-cruise clean up. Owner gives me permission to bring wife back so she can see the cabin and the boat without the cover. Did that a couple of hours later and wife loved it. Oh, oh.

Well, I called the owner late this morning to tell him we'll buy it. He's happy - I was the first one to call him and the only one (so far) that didn't try to complicate the deal with trades, payments, etc. I have to admit that the two days between the sea trial and the call to say we'd buy it were agonizing but once we made the decision, we've been very excited.

So we'll soon be the proud owners of a 93 Gulfstream with 4 stroke Suzuki power. Wow. Now I have to get my Overnighter ready to sell.

Gary 89 Overnighter & soon, 93 Gulfstream

tunagrady

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Beautiful boat, congratulations. Can't wait to see next years post when you upgrade to a sailfish. Good luck, and enjoy.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Great boat..I know, I have one and it's the best I've ever owned...

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
new boat?

I agree.... "twofootitis" will get you.....I recommend you skip the Sailfish and go straight to a Marlin. Keeps the wife happy down below!