loving my new (to me) 222

jbukie

Reaction score
I've my new to me 2003 grady 222 out a few times and i'm loving it. Smooth, dry ride, drifts nice... that sea v2 hull is incredible.

Had my first striper on the boat today, it's good to be on the water!

gregsnow

Reaction score
Website
www.NauticalHeadquarters.com
jbukie said:
I've my new to me 2003 grady 222 out a few times and i'm loving it. Smooth, dry ride, drifts nice... that sea v2 hull is incredible.

Had my first striper on the boat today, it's good to be on the water!

Let's see that striper. First fish deserves a look! Enjoy that 222, I looooooooooooooooooooove mine as well.

GS

jbukie

Reaction score
i'll get pictures up when i can. I'm loving the 222 what a great boat for it's size... great fishability, layout, etc.

I have the yam f225, pushed the boat just fine. I cruise around 30-31 mph at 4100 rpms..... tops out around 5800 rpms doing 43 mph.

Bama96

Reaction score
Congrats on the 222. I joined the 222 Club in January. Just got registered on the site. Love my Grady!!! Got 62hrs on her now. :mrgreen:

Chet
91347364_1.jpg

gregsnow

Reaction score
Website
Bama96 said:
Congrats on the 222. I joined the 222 Club in January. Just got registered on the site. Love my Grady!!! Got 62hrs on her now. :mrgreen:

Chet

Where do you use your Grady? I'm in Bham as well :p Where'd you buy?

GS

Bama96

Reaction score
I use and park it in Destin, Florida. Bought a 2007 used with only 25hrs on it. Go it at Ocean Marine in Biloxi, Ms. They took it in on trade on a Triton Bass Boat. :shock: The guy that owned it decided the Gulf Of Mexico was not for him. :oops:

Bama96

Reaction score
Nothing to brag about yet. Learning the offshore stuff. I have got 10 pages of numbers but they are all in Loran. Trying to get a used Loran to get them converted over to GPS. Got a Raymarine E-80 with Radar and I am still learning how to use it. Going down for a week next Monday since federal snapper season opened. :D Been doing a lot of cruising and hanging out on Crab Island in Destin.

Bama96

Reaction score
Yep. 2 per person. New regs also require no stainless hooks, venting tool, and a hook remover. Just have to go after the Reef Donkeys and the Grouper as well to fill the freezer.

jaydub

Reaction score
Bama, is that a hard top on your 222? Mine is the blue sunbrella softtop and I haven't seen a hard top on a 222 before.

I'm taking the Grady factory tour tomorrow-really looking forward to it.

Bama96

Reaction score
No it is some type of coated fabric. It has a plastic like clear sealer over it. I think it was factory. The sticker on the T-Top post has a manufactures name from North Carolina. I bought the boat used but the ones I looked at new when shopping were navy sunbrella type. The fabric is secured in a track with a rail that is screwed to it. Get us some pics on your tour. 8)

Bama96

Reaction score
Only had her at a few miles so far. Going out to the "Edge" next week. About 20 miles out from Destin,Fl. Hope to get some grouper and those endangered red snapper. :lol: I think the boat can handle that on a good day. What do you guys think? Still learning how to use that radar. :roll:

gregsnow

Reaction score
Website
Bama96 said:
Only had her at a few miles so far. Going out to the "Edge" next week. About 20 miles out from Destin,Fl. Hope to get some grouper and those endangered red snapper. :lol: I think the boat can handle that on a good day. What do you guys think? Still learning how to use that radar. :roll:

You'll do just fine on a good day. I had mine out around 10 miles last year with zero problems. With a radio, satellite, CG and Seatow at your fingertips you'll be able to hang with the BIG BOYS. :mrgreen:
I'm slowly learning my fuel range and capabilities, gaining confidence each time out.

GS