Low Water Pressure

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Operated the fresh water system on my 2006 Sailfish and find very little water coming out of the fresh water hand shower at the stern or any of the facets in cabin. Fresh water tank is full and pump is humming along just very little water coming out. Are there any filter screens to check or most likely is it the water pump needing to be replaced? any thing else I should check. System was properly winterized.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Had the same problem, there is a filter next the pump. From outside filter looks clean but when you remove it you'll see on the inside is full of gooie(sp?) stuff. Clean it, put it back, run some more water, remove it , clean it and repeat 3-4 times. I like to add a little chlorine along with the regular stuff i add in my fresh water tank, but did not do it last season when i bought the boat.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I had the same problem twice. The first time it was the screens as mentioned above, the second time I had a eel get into the pipes through a bent I take cover. Took forever to figure it out. Hope it is just the screen filter they do get gross. One reason I do not drink the fresh water on the boat
Good luck

seasick

Reaction score
Same on mine last year. Screen was full of gunk. I rinse it every season now as part of my pre season prep

reelserious

Reaction score
After a few years of the same problem off and on, I got tired of removing the back panel to get at the pump/filter every time I had to clean the screen. I have left the screen out for the past three years and simply unscrew the faucet heads and clean those screens every once in awhile. Much easier.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Never cleaned it or had a problem with any clogging. Does this usually occur after letting the boat set up over the winter? I use my 12 months a year so that may be the reason. Think I'll check the filter next time.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Strikezone said:
Never cleaned it or had a problem with any clogging. Does this usually occur after letting the boat set up over the winter? I use my 12 months a year so that may be the reason. Think I'll check the filter next time.

That is the reason.

I always add chlorine in there and never had a problem. On this boat i just forgot to do it last year.
Note: i don't use the fresh water for drinking.

Pete1313

Reaction score
I need help finding the filter......and also figuring out how to access it. I have a voyager 248 and the pump is deep in the bilge....very hard to reach.....

Any tips are appreciated!