Lower unit reinstalled yamaha gages not working

Guido19

Reaction score
Model
Chase
I had work done on my lower unit. After it was reinstalled my MPG, MPH and Trip meter stopped working. I noticed the mechanic didn't connect two rubber tubes hanging out, so I just connected them. He's so swamped that he can't get to my boat yet, and I was wondering if there is anything else I should do. I also put a wire in the opening on the shaft to make sure it wasn't obstructed. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Those tubes are what sends the pressure information to the gages. Do they still not work after you connected them? If so, the plastic nipple on the back of the lower might have cracked when he was putting the lower back on. Try blowing compressed air into the pinhole on the back of the lower unit and see if air comes out one of those tubes. Pic is of broken nipple and speedo pickup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Guido19

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Yes, they still don't work after I connected them. I'll try to blow air thru- my boat is in the water, so it might be hard to use an air gun on it. It's always something.
Thanks for the assist and pics.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Oh wow. That makes it a little more difficult. Maybe trim up and blow air through the tube behind the gage. Should blow out the pinhole in the back of the lower. (In the pic)