Lower unit stand

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Anyone have a lower unit stand? If so did you build it and if so what are the dimensions? I want to build one to make it easier to change lower unit impellers. I have twin F250s.
Thanks.

RJTFD

Reaction score
I just cut a piece of 1/2" plywood 3'x3' and cut a notch same shape but smaller than cavitation plate. I use two portable horses to rest the plywood. I can easily store that flat piece of plywood when i'm not using it in season. Works very well for what i need it for which is changing my water pumps every 2 years and did my lower unit seals last year. Some guys use the black and decker adjustable work horse from home depot. That looks ok also but mine doubles as a flat surface for my tools and parts.

Coolchange1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The black and decker workhorse works excellent and is useful for other things and stows away against a wall when not in use

Tim

gw204

Reaction score
Garbage can, ping pong table, carboard over your kitchen table. You don't need a special stand for this.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I use two very large wood blocks. Put them right next to each other so that they are almost touching, and put the "fin" down into the crack. Cheap and simple.
"

freddy063

Reaction score
do you have a chainsaw ? I have a log about 2 foot across, took my saw cut a grove big enough to stick the bottom sked in works great,.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
freddy063 said:
do you have a chainsaw ? I have a log about 2 foot across, took my saw cut a grove big enough to stick the bottom sked in works great,.

Figures you Mainers have a chainsaw. You probably use chainsaws to make repairs to your gelcoat, too.