Lowrance Structure Scan on a 228?

daveuch

Reaction score
Has anyone installed structure scan on a GW on the grady drive. I have in on my Bass boat mounted to the pad, Seems to be the same location as under the grady drive jackplate.

223Tony

Reaction score
I am installing a Gil bracket on a 223 Tournament. I had a mounting bracket welded to the bottom of the Gil bracket for installing the Structure Scan transducer. It will be another two to three weeks before I get her in the water again. I had the transom replaced and they are almost done with the glass work. I'll send you pics of the bracket if you are interested.
Tony

G8RDave

Reaction score
I put mine next to the standard transom mounted transducer and it works very well. Is there a reason why you want to mount it on the bracket instead?

GulfSea

Reaction score
G8RDave said:
I put mine next to the standard transom mounted transducer and it works very well. Is there a reason why you want to mount it on the bracket instead?

I too put mine next to the transom mounted transducer. Works great!

223Tony

Reaction score
After spending $3k to have the transom replaced, I want to drill as few holes as possible in it.
I am installing the original transducer inside the hull just in front of the transom. The structure scan transducer is going to be bolted to the bracket. We'll see how it works out.