M260 Transducer

glastron21

Reaction score
Any 265 Express owners using this transducer? If so, where did you locate it?

pablor

Reaction score
i have the r199. put it as far back as possible for sure on the side of the boat where the props make water go downward...

MRT

Reaction score
I have the m260 on my 330. It's mounted under the aft bunk. If you have not purchased yet, I would suggest taking another look at the through hull models. Has a very difficult time holding bottom while making way. I have discussed with the company that did the installation as well as several others and the consensus seems to be the install is fine.

I will probably be replacing this winter with a through hull model. I need to read up on the tilted trasducers....

pablor

Reaction score
i dont think the install is fine. Read the instructions for the m260 or r199. it says to install aft very near the engines. I have the same problem while turning on the r199. This has been discussed at tht if you search for r199. the m260 is a very good transducer as long as it is intalled how the mfr recomments and NOT how grady recommends.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree; after much discussion with airmar/furuno i mounted my 525 thru hull on my 265 express less than 1 meter from the transom and in the middle of the hull. I also fitted the high speed fairing block which made a huge difference to interference. We have clear bottom on 200khz at all speeds and slightly fuzzy on 50hz at all speeds.

However if i was doing it now i would want the flush mount and certainly consider the wide angle single frequency pairs.

I simple terms transducers hate air so they have to be in the cleanest deepest water. That is always going to be towards the rear of any planing hull; and the shorter the hull the further back it needs to go.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I have the M260. It is installed aft of the area that is allocated for shoot thru transducers. It works awesome, never loose the bottom with the Ray E series you can tell the size (I'm told some can tell the type - but not me..) of the fish by the size of the air pocket - I shite you not....

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
On my bimini i had the M260, it was installed in the rear(about 2-3 feet off the transom)on the port side. I never had a problem or loosing bottom, i could even see those stripers looking at me :lol:

On this boat my ducer is under the aft cabin but is a thru hull, no problems with this on either.

pablor

Reaction score
MRT said:
Are you able to pick up bait while underway?

you need the r399 for that. It actually picks them up and puts them in your livewell without moving a finger... :lol:

gulfcart

Reaction score
I think I posted on another thread about mine. I have an M260.. I mounted it in the aft berth bilge as Grady directed me on my new 33 express. Couldn't hold bottom at all while underway. After moving it twice with still no good results , we finally installed it in aft bilge area on the first lift..Works great. Don't loose the bottom at 30 knots. So make sure you test it first with a water bag or silicone. I can get picture if you want. It's hooked to a furno nav net 2.
I have no problem picking up bait with it..

glastron21

Reaction score
I tested out the new transducer over the weekend. I am very pleased with the performance. Did not get into very deep water with it but at 25 knots I held bottom very well and was able to mark plenty of bait. It's connected to a Furuno 585.