magneto for generator- 97 Marlin

lapazbajasur

Reaction score
I am purchasing a 97 Marlin that has the built in generator. The owner says it never ran and has looked for a replacement magneto-everywhere with no luck. The meter shows only 12 hours on the gen. Where can I find parts for the generator as it looks new but doesn't run and if it's a magneto I might keep it. Thanks-- Norm

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
Not to sound like a smarty pants ........ but the first place I'd check would be with the manufacturer of the gen. What make and model is it?

lapazbajasur

Reaction score
I know that sometimes the simple solution is the best-- make sure the thing is plugged in, does it have gas, is the battery ok? etc. The current owner says he has checked with the manufacturer dealer close to Long Beach where the boat is located. He has a boat mechanic who does regualar maintenance who has looked for about 6 months- but I had hoped the Grady community might have some ideas they didn't access.. still looking--Norm

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
Can you post the name and model # of the gen. I'm pretty good at tracking stuff down . Somewhere somebody made the generator and somebody knows something about it...... Just a matter of finding them /it........

lapazbajasur

Reaction score
Rainmaker-- thanks-- the generator is a Kohler. I don't have the serial no on the Generator here and will be at the boat next week. The part number for the magneto is 5E-PA-19905, and supposedly came from Nixon power Services Inc. but so far no love. Norm