Main fuel tank problem

southernstyle995

Reaction score
Yea I get what your saying, now I have left out a key piece of info and I didnt think it would matter but when it does this the alarm on the key switch will go off, been reading and instead of a fuel problem is it possible that I have a safety lanyard kill switch problem only thing that dont make sense is it would run fine on the aux tank.

southernstyle995

Reaction score
Guess I should have done this sooner, I just thought for sure it was a fuel problem, guess that's what I get for assuming sorry guys I feel like a idiot for dragging yall through my stupidity but I think I found the problem. Hooked the yds software up an found a oil pressure sensor irregular. Guess I'll try replacing the sensor an go from there. This would explain the alarm

SirGrady226

Reaction score
I have seen tree frogs and bees nest in the tank vents and cause fuel starvation problems. Try running the gas caps loose a bit and see if that makes a difference, if so then it is most certainly a vent blockage.

Reactions: Greyduk

lowo

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My main tank had much water in it . Fuel tank guy said it might be from fill cap change the o ring in the cap. I promptly did that but had to drain tank of all fuel replace new rec 90 gas and change out racors and filter on the side of the engine . Only after all those corrections was I good to go. Quite an ordeal.

Willy-C

Reaction score
A buddy of mine had bulb go flatter than flat when at 3/4 to full throttle and stall, after changing fuel lines and removing the anti-siphon valve the problem still existed. He ended up finding a chunk of screen material that was jammed inside the pick up tube going into tank from the tank manufacturer and was completely plugged.
Just something to look out for if you are pulling fittings on the tank.

lowo

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My 28 Grady had water significant in main tank. Etiology was in question. After changing multiple filters draining Racor 8 times I finally had the tank pumped discarded fuel put new non ethanol fuel in tank . Still had an alarm problem but Racors were free of water. The side filter in my engine was full of water which apparently would not burn off . Replaced side filter now good to go .Very costly repair . Where did water come from ? ? O ring inside fill cap?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Didn't see what motors you have, but with YDIS you should be able to see what the alarm is about. Could it have been a water in the fuel alarm? Some motors have them and they won't go away permanently until you remove the engine filter and dump out the water. Simple fix and can cause loss of RPM. You'd be surprised how much water a tank can collect thru condensation alone, particularly with significant temperature changes. Also try draining the VST, if you have one. Easy to do. Check that drained fluid for quality as well.

lowo

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for your reply water was in the side filter close to alarm on my 200 hp Hpdi replacing it shut alarm off and we ran 5 miles with no event . Put new o rings in the fill caps and at the dock have covered gas fills with rain repellant plastic hopefully I have solved the problem Thanks for your input !