Making the v berth more comfortable... help

mdhaley

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I saw these things at a local boat show that made the sleeping cushion more comfortable, they were plastic and they somehow attached together like a small boxspring. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has these boxsprings, what are their names and where can I find them.

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Cushions

I use the foam egg crates they sell for beds. I put one aft and one on the V and put the sheets over the top. It helps some but the aft is still a little on the hard side. I am not sure what you are referring to, but if you find it works please let me know.

Thanks

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I purchased a king-size egg-crate foam mattress pad, two inches thick.

Laid it out flat and put the V-berth cushions on top for a cutting pattern.

Took an old, king-size mattress pad - the kind that slides over the mattress - and cut & sewed it to fit over the foam pad. Keeps the foam from getting dirty, and provides another layer of padding over the foam.

Whole unit goes on top of those thin, hard cushions. Covered with a "V-berth" shaped sheet, and ready for some good sleeping. :D

Brian

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
get a new mattress from one of the aftermarket company's. they work great, yep they cost a few bucks, but you will enjoy the boat so much more. we even added a pillow top comforter/

Gary M

Reaction score
Foam egg-shell cushion custom cut, then an old, thick comforter as a bed pad, then bottom sheet, top sheet and new comforter to snuggle under!

Nice!

HDRockerCgirl

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
Buying a used 2006 360 express. There are no V berth cushions to be found. The rest of the cabin looks brand new, so I’m looking for the best place to get replacement cushions. Does anyone have any advice? Where can I buy V berth & aft sheets? Thanks!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Some owners take their cushions inside for the winter (not sure where you are located, though). I'd check on that, first.

If you can't find them: Cost wise... and comfort wise... it will likely be best to have a local upholsterer make the cushions. You can them make it to your specs... foam density, thickness, color, fabric/vinyl, etc.

Reactions: HDRockerCgirl