Manufacture of Captains Seat?

Timsjag

Reaction score
Model
Islander
The plastic slides on my Captain seat (1995 Islander 26.8) are shot. Does anyone know where I can get replacements? I order a hardware kit from Todd (Gloucester Captain seat). It "looked" right but there were no dimensions for the slides so it was hard to tell. Anyway the slides are 3/4 inch to long and the slot is to thin so it would be difficult to modify. Does anyone know where I can get a hardware kit?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The seats on my 2004 Sailfish are Pompanette - If yours are the same, give their customer service a call20190713_165004700_iOS.jpg

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Back in the 90s the seats were made by Wise. GW didn't switch to Pompanette until around 2001.

Reactions: Legend

Timsjag

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks, does anyone know where I can get a hardware kit for Wise boat seats? I found plenty of sites that sell Wise boat seats but no hardware kits. Here are a couple of pictures of my seats. I'd hate to have to toss the seat just because Teflon slide that got worn out. (i know Todd does sell a kit but not the right size). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Seat B.jpg
    Seat B.jpg
    713.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Bracket B.jpg
    Bracket B.jpg
    980 KB · Views: 33

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Those are cheap compared to the swivel sliders I bought from Pompanette to fix mine.

suzukidave

Reaction score
Thanks, does anyone know where I can get a hardware kit for Wise boat seats? I found plenty of sites that sell Wise boat seats but no hardware kits. Here are a couple of pictures of my seats. I'd hate to have to toss the seat just because Teflon slide that got worn out. (i know Todd does sell a kit but not the right size). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

the slide mechanism is separate from the seat.

that looks like the wise ladder back seat i have purchased on my gradies to replace the molded style poly seats. here is a link to the complete set up. you could contact wise directly to get the part info for the slide.

https://www.amazon.com/Wise-8WD562-...der+back+helm&qid=1568063850&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd spring for the Pompanette deluxe 2 seat. Yea they are more than a rail kit, but they are nice and a bit smaller so you should have a little more room.

Timsjag

Reaction score
Model
Islander
RE: Wise/Pompanette swivel slide do they need to be modified to fit the existing seat?

RE: Pompanette deluxe 2 seat, could not find it on their website

Timsjag

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Nice, thanks. The do look nice.

Timsjag

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I got the seat slides from Wise. Very nice to work with. Now I need to know what kind of lubricant I use. I've read Butcher Wax is good. But what is the general opinion of the folks here?

Gizmolvr1974

Reaction score
Do you have the wise part number for the slides you got have the same issue. Also need cup bushings too. Thanks!

Fishtales

Reaction score
You can try calling Wise direct. I've had luck with them providing parts in the past.

capt1947

Reaction score
If you look for a thread of 8.26.19 by fellow member, "seasick", regarding seat slides. Please see my reply. I ended up making my own from "Azek" trim material. I didn't take photos...sorry.
Good luck,

Timsjag

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I contacted Wise and got what I needed ... different color but since you can't see them it make no difference.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
My seat and old slider looks just like yours.
I just replaced my slider with a
TODD
Semi Automatic Slider Seat

I had to remove a narrow strip of the plastic bottom at the front edge to get it to pop down in.
The centers of two holes were very slightly off but the bolts went in no problem
IMG_7440 copy2.jpg

Gizmolvr1974

Reaction score
I contacted wise tech support and they sent out the correct slides. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: SkunkBoat