Marina Recommendations - North Jersey?

IBeGrady'd

Reaction score
I'll probably be utilizing a marina in northern New Jersey for post-season service/winter storage of my Tournament 225. While utilizing a Grady dealership might have it's advantages, there aren't (rather surprisingly) any I could locate in that immediate geographical area. Any recommendations/tips/advice appreciated.

Thanks

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
How far north are you? Anchor Marina in Farmigdale, NJ (Monmouth Co) is a GW dealer. They are a land based marina so they will come out to you to work on the boat. They also have a locked storage yard for winter storage for boats on trailers.

IBeGrady'd

Reaction score
Scarlet Knight said:
How far north are you? Anchor Marina in Farmigdale, NJ (Monmouth Co) is a GW dealer.

Thanks for your response. While I'm not adverse to a trailer purchase (in fact I'm considering/exploring that option right now), I don't foresee anything but a season end haul-out need in the immediate future and I rather doubt I'll be doing a lot (if any) trailering (my boating horizons may, of course, change). While I'm located in Essex County, I suppose Monmouth is certainly do-able but I think my preference would be for an on-water marina/winter storage.

Scarlet Knight said:
They are a land based marina so they will come out to you to work on the boat. They also have a locked storage yard for winter storage for boats on trailers.

I'll give them a call and get some additional info as to getting a non-trailered boat into their hands for winterization/storage...and security considerations are of paramount importance. Thanks.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Where you run her and store here don't have to be the same. I run out of Manasquan (I'm in the Ocean in 15 minutes) but store the boat in Brick. I'm also from Essex county, keeping her up somewhere in Raritan Bay is closer and may save 15 minutes travel time but I've been going to the Pt. Pleasant area since I was a kid. Also I can't bring myself to eat any fish caught there.

It all depends on what you want to do and what "features" you need from the marina.

IBeGrady'd

Reaction score
Grog said:
It all depends on what you want to do and what "features" you need from the marina.

As the facility would probably be used only for seasonal hauling, servicing and winter storage (I will be utilizing a NY marina as a home port), I suppose quality service and security are uppermost in my mind. I'd also like them to be competitive price-wise. However, I wouldn't mind expending a bit extra if a strong reputation for stellar service were part of the equation. You generally (not always) get what you pay for.

Grog said:
Also I can't bring myself to eat any fish caught there.

As a new forum member, supplicant, and in deference to comity, I'll reserve comment ;-)

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
IBeGrady'd said:
Grog said:

As the facility would probably be used only for seasonal hauling, servicing and winter storage (I will be utilizing a NY marina as a home port), I suppose quality service and security are uppermost in my mind. I'd also like them to be competitive price-wise. However, I wouldn't mind expending a bit extra if a strong reputation for stellar service were part of the equation. You generally (not always) get what you pay for.

Grog said:
Also I can't bring myself to eat any fish caught there.

As a new forum member, supplicant, and in deference to comity, I'll reserve comment ;-)

As long as you're not attacking anyone feel free to comment. Everyone has opinions, sometimes people agree and sometimes they don't.