Marine Airrrr

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Im not sure if my marine air was programmed wrong but whenever I turned it on and it reached the set temp the fan would remain on. I had a fault code that required a master reset and discovered after talking to a marine air tech there is an option in the settings that turns the fan off when the set temp is reached.

I was just wondering how other owners with the A/C Heat in their boats had their units programmed? Does the fan stay on all the time or does it turn off when the set temp is reached?

LI Grady

Reaction score
I have 3 of the units on my Pacemaker. All three control heads are set so that the fans only run until the temp is reached.

The manual that came with mine was pretty easy to follow and I think it covers setting the fans

gerrys

Reaction score
Refer to the owner's manual. There are a good number of settings that can be programmed and they can be quite useful. For example, when docked at my marina I let the AC run full time at a 75 degree setting. Depending upon the humidity, the coils occasionally froze up and would stay frozen until I visited the boat and did a defrost. I found a setting wherein the AC would go to heat cycle on a timed basis and thereby keep itself defrosted.

You can program the fan anywhich way you want including fan speed. I always preferred the fan to run during the non-cool/heat cycle just to keep the air moving.

ahill

Reaction score
On auto mode the fan will shut down when temp is reached. If you select fan speed the fan will continue to run.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was wondering if all the units were programmed the same way. I sometimes leave the AC heat on to keep the cabin dry but never liked the idea of the fan being on constant and never knew there was an option. Thanks again.

I dont know what the auto mode is, but in order to change the option from the fan being on constant to it turning off with the compressor when the set temp is reached you have to go into the "P" settings and change it manually.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
To add -

It seems to me the "fan off" is an energy saver mode, good for when no one is in boat, but not desirable while being inside - pertaining to A/C use.

For heat use, I see no reason to keep running the fan vs. off, be it no one there or when on the boat.
Reverse cyclers may keep the fan running normally if the fan is on the same shaft as another fan that is used to cool the compressor. This doesn't apply to heat from electric element type units.

ahill

Reaction score
My system was installed new in 2006. It has a digital control pad. It also has a dehumidifying mode. If you press fan/cool/heat (I think) it sets the dehumid mode. Default is that the system runs once every 12 hrs. Starts 10 min on fan only then 30 mins on ac. The intervals are adjustable to your specific climate.