Marine decking

Slim grady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Have any of you guys heard of or dealt with or actually have this installed on their boats? I am thinking of doing it and was just looking for some input.I found a before and after picture of a boat that is similar to mine and I actually like it here are the pics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201112-071144_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201112-071144_Chrome.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20201112-071155_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201112-071155_Chrome.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 12

Slim grady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What brand decking is that? There are numerous brands and numerous materials it can be made out of. Without knowing the specifics, we won't be able to provide any usable info.
Sorry my bad it's from marine deck outfitters here's the link.... As far as what material i think it's enclosed foam?

Last edited:

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I can't add anything to the conversation except that that looks awesome. It would be a big improvement on my boat.

Slim grady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I can't add anything to the conversation except that that looks awesome. It would be a big improvement on my boat.
That's what I'm saying uncle joe! I was speaking with the company and they were telling me the durability of this how easy it is to clean how soft it is to your foot non-slip etcetera etcetera and like I said they gave me a quote of 1650 to do my entire boat with a logo so I might as well just go ahead and try it

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
That's what I'm saying uncle joe! I was speaking with the company and they were telling me the durability of this how easy it is to clean how soft it is to your foot non-slip etcetera etcetera and like I said they gave me a quote of 1650 to do my entire boat with a logo so I might as well just go ahead and try it
It is really very nice....make sure to post pics!

naesb81

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I have sea deck on my 265 Express. It came with the boat. It is light gray, gets dirty and seems to stain easy. I would have gone darker. It does feel awesome on your feet. No shoes boat.

1605280317244.png

Fishtales

Reaction score
The decking looks great for sure. The biggest drawbacks are initial cost and how it comes up when worn. I've heard some use a very aggressive glue, you end up having to sand and paint after. Nice for sure though....

Reactions: Uncle Joe

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I would love a teak deck look and soft on my feet but I worry about cleanup(tuna blood, clam in the sun) and a worry about wear and what it will look like OLD. Non-skid is getting "20 yr old worn out", imagine soft foam in a few years.
I wish you could get one big custom cut removable mat that looked like teak, not as "foamy", more like a rubbery vinyl but cushioned. Like a workstation mat. Heavy enogh to stay down by its own weight

NiceBass 272

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
looks great would like to put it in the cabin of my 272 sailfish. I do a lot of fishing son not sure how well it would hold up on the decks. Do you have an idea on cost?