Marine head for Gulfstream

Ripple

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I want to replace the portipotty with a regular marine head and holding tank. i am willing to remove aux fuel tank to place holding tank there. Newer Gulfstream models have marine head option. Anyone do this job on an older model?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Someone did this a year or two ago, but I am not sure which boat model it was. You may be able to find the thread.
edit; Here is one from 10 years ago.

Last edited:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Sure, that's doable. It's just gonna involve some labor. Even thought this would be easy, I probably wouldn't use the existing aux fuel fill/line, though. It's too close to the other fuel fill and that's a disaster waiting to happen. You'll need to get a cover plate for the aux fill. The pump out should really be routed to a different location.

There are multiple types of marine heads - what kind are you thinking? Vacuflush? Manual flush? Etc?

If you just need a little extra holding capacity, you could switch out the existing potty to a higher capacity potty.

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have thought about doing the same thing on my Gulfstream. Based on the simpicity of the porta potty, I haven't researched much. Easier to replace if something is not working.
That said, a nice vacuflush would be an option to look at.

Fishtales

Reaction score
While doable, I think it will be difficult. GW installs a lot of the piping and valves before the hull is joined with the deck. I think it isn't worth the effort, but you may really want it.