Marine Speaker Covers

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
After mounting new 7.7" JL Audio speakers in an area where rain, fish blood, and beer being opened might occasionally occur, I found these speaker covers to protect from the elements. Wanted to post this for those who also have speakers in compromised locations. Gonna test these puppies out tomorrow on the danger list, but there is zero percent chance of rain :confused:20200213_145425.jpg

20200218_151630.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PNW_Drifter

Yamama

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I was just looking at that same product yesterday! Thanks for the post.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like those... Should do the trick for ya.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Tell me the story on those walkway lights? Are they the transom lights I have found online searching? Do they glare in your eyes? I was looking for a replacement from my originals, but need a larger light, like a 3" so it will completely cover the holes. They look really good!

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Tell me the story on those walkway lights? Are they the transom lights I have found online searching? Do they glare in your eyes? I was looking for a replacement from my originals, but need a larger light, like a 3" so it will completely cover the holes. They look really good!
Yes they are the 3" Attwood transom lights. I bought them at my local West Marine, but available anywhere.
Super bright compared to the old ones they replaced.
I don't get any glare in my eyes, but they are bright, which I like....easy to see everything after hours.
I think you would enjoy them. Stylish too~

Attwood LED 3-Mile Transom Light 6556-7

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Beautiful speakers. I bet they sound great. Fusion is the best no doubt. What are you powering them with? Got a photo with the lights on?

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Beautiful speakers. I bet they sound great. Fusion is the best no doubt. What are you powering them with? Got a photo with the lights on?
Drifter, they sound fantastic considering I am using the system playing Pandora via bluetooth on my cellphone.

This new stereo was the best addition on my rig so far.....

But I messed up the speaker description it seems, although we are talking about the same speakers. I installed JL Audio, not Fusion. I didn't get the ones that change colors, but have the sports grill.

I was ready to buy the Fusions as a practical matter, and West Marine had them both ready to hear them side by side, and JL Audio was maybe 2.2x the price, but the sound difference was more than justified. I would never have known unless I could hear them that way.

As far as an amp, so far not using one but my buddy has an extra. I have ringing in my ears from a long life of poor decisions LOL so I am still debating on the need for the speakers to play louder.

Last edited:

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I was just looking at that same product yesterday! Thanks for the post.
Your most welcome~Sorry, I thought I replied to this already. Hoping you picked them up. Good product, snow was on them a week ago.