Marine Stereo Power

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
Morning all,

I recently took delivery of a new 325 freedom with an upgraded stereo, amp, sub and 6 speakers. My issue is the system is not putting out the way I think it should. It sounds fine when not running. However, at cruise you can barely hear it. Even when the volume is turned to max. I can’t believe this is all the power it will put out. I have the Fusion head turned all the way up. Is there an amp setting that needs to be adjusted? What am I missing here?

Fishtales

Reaction score
The head have enough power to feed four speakers and most run the first four through the head. Check the amp to see how many channels or get the model number (you can usually determine the number of channels by the model number). Likely a 4 channel for the additional speakers and maybe a sub woofer. The Fusion has zones for each speaker set, so check to see how these are configured. I have the UD650 powering four speakers and the 4 channel amp powering two additional. Plenty loud enough.

seasick

Reaction score
Morning all,

I recently took delivery of a new 325 freedom with an upgraded stereo, amp, sub and 6 speakers. My issue is the system is not putting out the way I think it should. It sounds fine when not running. However, at cruise you can barely hear it. Even when the volume is turned to max. I can’t believe this is all the power it will put out. I have the Fusion head turned all the way up. Is there an amp setting that needs to be adjusted? What am I missing here?
A hearing test perhaps:)

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
Was out again today, had a couple of friends with me and they mentioned the same thing. Why can’t you hear the radio when running? I will probably need to take it back to the dealer.
On the dash head display there are 4 zones. The 4 speakers under the roof are paired together as zone 1. The two bow speakers are on Zone 2 and the sub woofer is on Zone 3. There is nothing hooked up to zone 4. I would thing each pair of speakers would be it’s own zone. I have 6 speakers and a sub. So I would think each set would be zone 1,2 and 3 then the sub on 4.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
The amp has an adjustment. Is it a fusion amp as well?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Was out again today, had a couple of friends with me and they mentioned the same thing. Why can’t you hear the radio when running? I will probably need to take it back to the dealer.
On the dash head display there are 4 zones. The 4 speakers under the roof are paired together as zone 1. The two bow speakers are on Zone 2 and the sub woofer is on Zone 3. There is nothing hooked up to zone 4. I would thing each pair of speakers would be it’s own zone. I have 6 speakers and a sub. So I would think each set would be zone 1,2 and 3 then the sub on 4.
Yes, this is how it is normally set up. There are individual volume settings for each zone. Maybe look for the manual for your specific model online and see how to set it up. Dealer likely doesn't know more than you unless a stereo aficionado.

Bg56126

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Two thoughts. Check to see if it’s the source of the music. Switch from Bluetooth to FM. If you’re using Bluetooth, make sure the volume on your phone is all the way up or the volume from the app you are using. If that doesn’t work, try adjusting the gain on the amp.

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
Thanks for the insights guys. I will pull the head unit out to get to the Amp to see if it has adjustment. The amp is behind the head unit in the bathroom area. It’s only 6 screw to pull out the bed unit.