Model
Gulfstream
How do you access through hull for cabin sink 94 gulfstream

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
This sometimes dumbfounds me. I would never walk up to a stranger and immediately ask them a point blank question for help. An emergency, sure, but not a completely self serving one. I would at least introduce myself. But why do some people think it's OK to do that on a forum? I mean, on the other end of the "wire", we are still real, live people here. I see more and more of this with kids and millenials who are used to getting everything they want right away. It worries me - all of this faceless technology - that we are losing our humanity.

Step...step... <<< That was me stepping down off my soapbox.

Now, I don't own your model, but the scenario is always the same from boat to boat. Look for access plates or removable items (cubby holes, storage bins, etc) in the vicinity. You should know pretty much where it is (fwd/aft) along the hull so start with something that is close to the thru hull. What have you looked at so far?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Should be pretty easy to follow the line from the base of the sink out once you clean out the cabinet. Should it go into a glassed area with no access, your probably looking at cutting into it. Obviously you don't want to hit anything structural, but as I don't own the exact model I'm not 100% sure. GW usually does a decent job providing accesses but there are a few items that are difficult to access due to design. My advice is to slowly and pragmatically dig into the cabinet and it goes where it goes.

Mark ohanian

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
This sometimes dumbfounds me. I would never walk up to a stranger and immediately ask them a point blank question for help. An emergency, sure, but not a completely self serving one. I would at least introduce myself. But why do some people think it's OK to do that on a forum? I mean, on the other end of the "wire", we are still real, live people here. I see more and more of this with kids and millenials who are used to getting everything they want right away. It worries me - all of this faceless technology - that we are losing our humanity.

Now, I don't own your model, but the scenario is always the same from boat to boat. Look for access plates or removable items (cubby holes, storage bins, etc) in the vicinity. You should know pretty much where it is (fwd/aft) along the hull so start with something that is close to the thru hull. What have you looked at so far?
Should be pretty easy to follow the line from the base of the sink out once you clean out the cabinet. Should it go into a glassed area with no access, your probably looking at cutting into it. Obviously you don't want to hit anything structural, but as I don't own the exact model I'm not 100% sure. GW usually does a decent job providing accesses but there are a few items that are difficult to access due to design. My advice is to slowly and pragmatically dig into the cabinet and it goes where it goes.

Mark ohanian

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Sorry if I was offensive I was never on a forum before and learning to use smartphones thanks for your help

Mark ohanian

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
thank you for your help I am going to give it a try tomorrow hope you get this message

Mark ohanian

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Now, why would you want to know how he makes out? I mean, for gosh sake.. some things should remain private!...

lol

Sorry, Fish, could not resist :p
Now I want to go back and see if I introduced myself.. heh.. I have no excuse... techie guy :p

R

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Sorry if I was offensive I was never on a forum before and learning to use smartphones thanks for your help
Just think of a forum as a normal conversation - nothing more, nothing less. Don't get me wrong, you don't have to spill your life story - just a little more "cordial", if you know what I mean. Smartphones... I hate typing on a smartphone - I try to use a computer whenever possible - it's much easier to type.