Market hit bottom? 1997, 33 Tiara on ebay sold for 65K

hangman1176

Reaction score
A Tiara 33 with twin 454 crusaders, 450 hours was surveyed last month and the file was attached to the listing. Value listed was 120K. Not a thing wrong with it. It sold on ebay for 65K last night. Great lakes boat. Has the market hit bottom ????????????????

HERES THE EBAY LISTING ITEM number 120637415900

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Sounds about right. I have seen several boats going for 1/2 of their initial value.

No one can predict whether the market "has" or "will" hit bottom. Especially the nutcases in Washington that got us into this mess to begin with.

An unfortunate by-product of this current economic crisis is that the buying public has been pre-conditioned to try to get everything for a fraction of what it's worth.
The phrase "it's a buyers market" keeps getting thrown around and it's customary to make ridiculously low-ball offers assuming that the buyer is desperate and will give his product away.
The end result is the price of the Tiara above, and many Gradys also.

Like it or not it is what it is, but the seller can hold out if he/she chooses.

I'm glad I want to keep my Gulfstream.

no problem

Reaction score
This boat was donated to a seller that usually sells near worthless boats for a few hundred dollars. The winning bid was from a buyer with a 7 feedback. "Balance to be paid in full within 2 days of auction end. This deposit is non refundable should the buyer fail to pay the remaining balance when due". Be on the lookout for this boat to be back on ebay. It's hard to finance a boat stored at an undisclosed location that isn't available for inspection until it us paid in full. I'm just saying that I wouldn't judge the boating market by this transaction. Just my $.02

richie rich

Reaction score
no problem said:
It's hard to finance a boat stored at an undisclosed location that isn't available for inspection until it us paid in full.

Its hard to buy a boat like this as well...why would anyone buy a boat, regardless of price, if you can't even see it before paying full cash for it....thats a serious risk.....sounds like a nice boat for the money though