marlin 30 question

danny28

Reaction score
i had a marlin 30 2002 model and i would like to know if anyone had change the access to the power plant by the floor instead for the bench ..any pictures of that ? that part of the floor comes with silicone and its almost imposible reach the 5k and the water separatos by the bench hatch... what rubber did you used to make that part of the floor open ?? thanks for your help and sorry for my english that is very bad...
danny from puerto rico.

Gary M

Reaction score
Hola Danny!

Yes, to really service the 5kw genset, you may have to take up the floor panel. Take all the screws out and use a razor knife or box cutter to remove most of the silicone. Then lift off the floor panel and do your work. Clean off as much of your old silicone before replacing the panel. Use "GE Silicone 2" silicone in Almond color to reseal it. Make sure to squirt some silicone on all the screws before srewing them back down. Just run the screws down "snug" and not try to really tighten them down. That panel is heavy and almost needs no screws.

Try to use the round access hole to reach things if you can as taking the floor panel up is a pain! Good Luck!

bulldog2

Reaction score
Lay some heavy monofilament down before you apply the silicone and leave a small tag piece so you can pull to break the silicone seal the next time you need to service the Generator.Good Luck-Pat L

gw204

Reaction score
Silicone is fine around the edges of the hatch, but if the screws go into wood, there's no way I would rely on silicone there as well. 4200 minimum on the screws.

Gary M

Reaction score
gerrys said:
Major PIA and poor design.

Yup, but about the best that they could come up with I guess.....

A better design would be to have the front wall of the aft seat collapse, or be able to easily remove to give us more access to the genset and area. I can't get to my saltwater intake screens without pulling that panel either!

Oh well, let me know when someone finds the perfect boat that doesn't have at least some faults......

Hey gerrys, I bought all three Gradys at Vero Marine Center, even though I've never lived near Vero!

You buy a boat from them? Super nice people......

gerrys

Reaction score
No, I bought mine in Atlanta where I was living at the time and had it hauled to the Keys where it spent the first 18 months of its life...then to Palm Beach Gardens.
I've dealt with Vero Marine for parts, etc and they're very helpful.

wilson

Reaction score
you fla guys are killing me. 12 degrees for the high today!!!

ahill

Reaction score
When resealing the hatch use the tip I got from this site.
1. Tape off the perimeter of the joint with blue tape.
2.Caulk with Almond GE, knock down the caulk in the joint after putting soapy water on your preferred knockdown digit.
3. Remove tape right after digit application.
My experience with this was great.