Marlin 300 Center Rigger Help needed

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2005 Marlin 300. Love it! I have Lee Jr. side mount outriggers. I would like to add a 45 degree Lee Center Rigger Base with a 12 ft center rigger. Does any one have this set up? I would like advice/pictures on where to mount the center rigger base and where to hook up the rigger halyard? I do have the factory rocket launchers installed. Any help and pictures would be great. Thanks

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture. I was hoping to get a shot of how the base is mounted and s hot of where the halyard is rigged to access the center rigger? I was not real specific! Nice rig. Is she an islander?

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I put one on a few years ago. I have some pics on my iPhone. PM your email and I will send them. I can also post install details if anyone is interested. I actually did this myself but usually have an expert drill holes in my boat (-:

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
REBThunderroad said:
Thanks for the picture. I was hoping to get a shot of how the base is mounted and s hot of where the halyard is rigged to access the center rigger? I was not real specific! Nice rig. Is she an islander?

Standard Lee 45-degree center-rigger holder. Four bolts through the hardtop, with very large fender washers. Note: We have a custom hardtop, not factory, and I know what stresses it can take.

The rigger is a single rig, with a small block at the top and on the first loop. The rigger is tied off on the port side of the boat when not in use. When in use, we bring it under the hardtop and tie it to the centerline grabrail that runs from the electronics box to the aft end of the hardtop. That allows the helmsman (usually me) assist with pulling the clip up or down when the WWB is being run out.

Yes, a 2002 Islander 270. Dressed for fishing.

Thanks for the compliment.

Brian

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Some additions to Brian's post.

o I butted mine up to the middle rod holder mount which helped me center.
o drill the first hole and bolt snugly, add the rigger, stand on transom to line it up, mark other holes, remove rigger
o mount eyelet from kit on hardtop support facing aft
o measure cord so that bungee will wrap once around stb upper hardtop leg holder mount and then clip around the bungee (no need to close snap)
this angle clears all rod holders nicely
o when not in use, wrap around hardtop support until there is just enough bungee left to hang the clip in the eyelet

Good luck. Wish I had pix to show.