Marlin 300 CO Detector

Antigua Larry

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a 2012 Marlin 300. The CO detector reached its end of like. It is the hardwired type. I was replacing it, but I think during the replacement I caused a short. There is no power to the detector now. The old detector had power, but had reached EOL. The manual indicates a 1A fuse for the CO detector described as "Positive bus inline / 336 console fuse block". I can't find the fuse in the fuse block under the instrument panel - there is no 1A fuse. Where can I find this fuse?

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I believe since a Life Safety Device, it's wired to the Battery like the VHF, Bilge Pumps. Should be right on the battery.
GenCO.jpg

Antigua Larry

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My wiring diagram shows a 1A inline fuse. I asked Grady-White, and they basically said it was too difficult to find, and recommended that I install a battery operated CO detector . they said they are using this for new boats.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd run a new set of wires to the fuse box under the helm. It really is a short run (across helm, behind starboard kick panel, under the screwed ceiling panel in mid birth to the detector. Then you know where the wire is.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Had the same issue on my 330. The changed up the detectors and the new ones are available battery or hard wired. Grady said they are now using battery ones. Last several years! No need to mess around with the wires!