Marlin 300 Fridge

Phil

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hello, I am looking to replace my Norcold fidge in my Marlin.
Was told that isotherm 49 would be a fairly simple replacement.
Any advice??

jmain

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I am not sure what year you have, but I can tell you that the cutout on a 1996 Marlin 30 is really tight in all 3 dimensions. Mine is out right now (had to remove it to install an Air Conditioner behind the steps), and I am considering converting the space to storage. I'd be curious to see what you end up getting and how it fits, though.
Also, mine is DC only. Can yours take wither AC or DC?
Good luck!

teaklejr

Reaction score
I am not sure what year you have, but I can tell you that the cutout on a 1996 Marlin 30 is really tight in all 3 dimensions. Mine is out right now (had to remove it to install an Air Conditioner behind the steps), and I am considering converting the space to storage. I'd be curious to see what you end up getting and how it fits, though.
Also, mine is DC only. Can yours take wither AC or DC?
Good luck!
Curious what model/brand ac unit did you go with? So far I have only found one unit that is configured like the original ones.

jmain

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I don't know what the original specs were for the '96. Mine was a new installation, as opposed to a replacement, which is good and bad. I went with the Mermaid Air 9,000 BTU unit for a couple of reasons:

1. The footprint is the same as their 6,000 BTU unit, and considerably smaller than other similarly sized units.
2. They got more competitive with their pricing, once I talked with them.
3. They are local for me (Ft. Myers, FL). As I was going through the installation process, I ended up going over to their shop a couple of times for questions, and they were very helpful.
4. Their turnaround time for the unit was only a couple of days. They build their units on demand, but that was faster than waiting for other, pre-built units to be shipped to me.

I had one problem post-installation. They walked me through the fix in less than 5 minutes on the phone, and it hasn't happened since.

I also talked to MarineAire in Miami. They were very helpful, but the 10,000 BTU unit wouldn't fit behind the stairs or under the v-berth. It wasn't even close, because of the orientation of the air handler.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions on it.

FYI, here are some pictures that I posted to another thread yesterday.

IMG_5460.jpeg

IMG_5461.jpeg

ttles714

Reaction score
Both my 2001 and 2007 Marlins had the isotherm 49 factory installed ....

ttles714

Reaction score
In reference to the post about the air conditioner ...... I thought I was going to have to replace my original Marine Airrr unit ... After a LOT of research , I found that the best fit was as you installed.... Mermaid 9K BTU ( I wound up repairing the old unit ..) The Mermaid unit fits the requirements regarding Size, the location and orientation of the compressor and evaporator within the unit itself, and BTU's ....

Reactions: jmain