Marlin 300 running wires to the bow

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Marlin 300. I just installed a new windless and want to install the foot switches on the bow. Does anyone know how to get wires up and around to the bow? I have a schematic of runs for the boat but there is no apparent run to the bow. I believe the windlasses are pre wired. Has any one successfully run wires to the bow?

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Look in the anchor locker from the V-berth and you should see the wiring for the navigation lights. If it's like our Islander, it runs aft on the starboard side, up under the walk around. That should give you an idea of how to run the wires forward.

I hope the factory wiring to the bow for the windlass is heavier than on our boat. I ran completely separate wiring all the way from the batteries to the bow, due to inadequate factory wiring.

Brian

gerrys

Reaction score
There should be two 6 gauge wires, one red and one black, running under the starboard walkway.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
When you installed the windlass, did you notice any small gauge (about 16g) wires in the anchor locker area? Maybe there's already wires there for foot switches? If not, just follow the main, heavy gauge wires aft. If the heavy gauge wires made it, it shouldn't be too hard to push some smaller ones along the same path.