Marlin 300 Transducer

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am currently running an airman 600 watt airman B744 with a faring block. I get a perfect read at all speeds. I am looking to parade to get a deeper and better bottom response for fishing. Anyone running a 1000 watt watt airmar transducer if so which one? Flush mount? The 1000 watt faring block airmar is HUGE! I would prefer a flush mont if they have a good bottom lock and read in all conditions. Any advice would be helpful.

Also is everyone mounting on the flat area on the Marlin for the transducer or another spot.

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I replaced a Furuno FCV-582L (with an unknown but poor quality transducer) with an Airmar B-164 flushmount 1000w transducer connected to a Garmin 5212 through a Garmin GSD-24. The difference in the quality is unbelievable. This is not a top of the line combination but it is more detail than I ever expected.

Mine was mounted on the 330 which isn't that much different than the 300. The transducer fit perfectly and the angle was compensated for by using, I believe a 12 degree tilt transducer. I keep my boat in high/dry storage so I could take a photo of the bottom if that is something that would help you.