Marlin Cabin Door Folding Hatch

liinw8

Reaction score
The 10 small screws which hold together the 2 piece folding hatch at the cabin entrance ripped out of one of the pieces yesterday. It left holes in the plexiglass where the screws are supposed screw into, so I'm not sure if I need to replace the entire thing or try to fabricate some sort of new mounting surface overlay for the screws to go into or just try to fill in the holes with some sort of epoxy or plexiglass filler, redrill...etc. Anyone have this happen to them or have any suggestions? I was in a rush to pack things up so I didn't take any pics and can't remember the damage exactly except that the screws ripped out, some of the plexiglass where they went into is shattered. I stored the screws in hopes I can reuse them and it's a simple fix. Also, after I get this fixed, has anyone come up with any solutions to stop water from leaking into the cabin from that hatch when you wash the helm area? Thanks, Ed.

liinw8

Reaction score
I should add that hatch leaks not only when I wash the helm but also when water penetrates some areas of my enclosure when running in rough seas or weather...