marlin coambing pads

Desperado

Reaction score
If it is like my Sailfish, look under thebottom of the pad at the mesh part. There should be some metal rigs in the mesh fabric. Those are the screw holes. It can be a PITA to remove.

fred@coastal

Reaction score
gracias, amigo. i had hoped they were held in place with a clip. how do you re-attatch?
srew in from the back?

Tom-Lisa

Reaction score
Fred
Desperado's info is the same as what i have on my 2000 marlin.It is a pain no doubt.I had to squeeze the bottom of the pad with one hand while sticking a phillips screwdriver thru the grommet to back out the screws.I removed mine,had them recovered,and the canvas shop was able to put the grommets back in the same spot so i reused the holes.Just replaced the screws.

Tom

downtown

Reaction score
My 99 Marlin, at least on the sides have wing nuts. Very easy to remove. Just pop your head under the gunnel to view. Yours might be different? Not sure about the rear one, as I have not had to remove.

Desperado

Reaction score
I am planning on modifying mine to a wing nut style. The factory just screwed them into the sides.

fred@coastal

Reaction score
THE SCREWS ARE LOCATED AT THE GROMMETS UNDERNEATH THE PADS. THE SCREWS, DRIVEN IN AT AN UP ANGLE, HOLD THE BOTTOM OF THE PAD WHILE THE CLIPS HOLD THE TOP. ALSO, VERY DIRTY UNDERNEATH THE PADS. EASY ENOUGH.