Marlin Compartment Use

Shortround

Reaction score
I was wondering what every one else uses the shallow compartment in the deck as entering the helm area for? Seems too shallow for lines, shore power cord, umbrella rigs or whatever. I will be taking delivery on my new boat sometime in late march and as can be expected I am at the dealer every other day trying to plan ahead as to where I will put everything.

Thanks,

lgusto

Reaction score
Shortround,

Congratulations on the new Marlin. I've been looking at that model as well. Did you buy yours new? Would you mind sharing a ballpark cost and specs?

Thanks,

Larry

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I use mine to store some larger lures, birds, etc on the way out. At the end of the day fishing offshore I leave the lures we used for the day in the box and rinse them with fresh water. One less thing to do when we get back at the dock.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like megabytes use it for lines most of the time.

I like the tuna mans use case too.

It is ideal to story anything no more than a few inches thick that is wet out of the way. I've used it for wet suits if the kids want to change out of them before heading in too.

SOJOURN

Reaction score
Marlin Deck Com[artment

I store my shore power line and plugs. I also placed dry store mats since the area does get a little wet during washing