Marlin Fresh Water Tank

THEOG

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I'm trying to determine how to access the fresh water tank and potentially replace the sender to the gauge that displays how much water is left in the fresh water tank. The manual shows the 32 gal fresh water tank in the center of the stern of the boat. If I try to get access via the floor hatch (where I can see the bilge area, it appears it is fiber glassed over. Do I need to remove the fish box on the helm and access the tank from the Top? Will the sender be visible on the top of the tank? Is the tank made of fiberglass or aluminum? Thx

Artlern

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
It is difficult to access. I replaced my sending unit by going through 2 6” access plates on the transom, by the engines. My friend crawled through the access below the transom fish box. Between the 2 of us we were able to remove the old sending unit and install the new one. The job was very difficult. Good luck.

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a 2005, Fiberglass I believe? I thought about replacing mine too, but just make sure it is filled up each trip, never ran it dry fishing all day washing deck, etc.