Marlin Pedestal Replacement

Meanwhile

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace the seat pedestal on a Marlin, 2007? Mine is broken and very wobbly at the base. The fitting at the top has issues as well, but the movement at the base is the immediate problem. Is there a bolt inside holding the pedestal to the base?

I'm hoping the process is straight forward, but it never seems to go that way with a boat.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
http://www.garelick.com/Blue-Water-Adju ... oth-Series

I found which pedestal I have. It is a Garelick Bluewater adjustible pedestal with a locking pin. I'm curious what types of pedestal other Marlins have. Mine is a 2007. Heck, I didn't realize the post could be changed. That comes with buying a used boat, not all the in & out are explained.

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Not sure if I follow 100 percent but I fixed my wobble issue with wrapping the pedistal attached to the seat with duct tape at the bottom a couple times, then inserting into the female end attached to the boat. The duct tape made a snug fit and, no more wobble. II did this in the Bahamas while the wind was blowing and never got around to fixing it when we got home because it worked so well.