Marlin--> Recovering cockpit bolsters?

Gary M

Reaction score
2001 Marlin and the side cockpit bolsters are in need of recovering. How do I get them off?????? I looked under the gunnels but didn't see anything. What's the secret?

Also, the port one has the curved L-shape that also runs in front of the livewell. Any tricks for that one!

Thanks in advance!

kingfisher 77

Reaction score
Gary,

The side bolsters and the small piece on the transom door is screwed down.On the bottom edge there are grommets.Take a phillips head and search around and you will find screws.After you remove screws pop the bolsters up off of the mounting clips.I would think the piece that wraps around the livewell is no different.
Good luck,Chris

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Now that you know that, I would leave the screw out, don't think you need it. And...you can pop them out every winter and stow them inside the cabin.

Gary M

Reaction score
I will be removing them soon.....might go fishing later next week first!

Actually, we boat here year round in South Florida. But my boat also has a retractable aft Bimini that keeps the rear seat and transom door bolsters in the shade 90% of the time so they still look great! The side bolsters do get lots more direct sunlight as well as "use" during fishing, etc so the tops have started to crack all along them. I plan to sell the boat later this year so this will give the new bolsters a full summer to "weather" just a bit to match the originals a bit more.

Boat015.jpg

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
My cushions and bolsters are getting new vinyl right now -
They are pretty proud of that service!
To the tune of $1800!
Tim

Gary M

Reaction score
$1,800!!!! :bang

Many canvas shops hesitate to tackle the L-shaped back cushion on the aft bench seat and even fewer know how to do it right...... Luckily, mine's in pretty good shape.....