Marlin speaker wires

liinw8

Reaction score
I traced the lack of signal in my rear port speaker (next to the companion bench seat by the helm) to the speaker wire, so I pulled out the radio in the cabin and was all set to pull new speaker wire through using the old speaker wire from the speaker side. However, after I unbundled the old speaker wire from all the twists and ties and tape behind the radio all the way to where I could reach until the wires disappeared into the starboard side to start the run forward around the bow, I can't pull the wire through and it still doesn't budge. I suspect the wire is tied up somewhere further along the run, and that this was done at the factory while everything was nice and exposed. Does anyone have any ideas how to free up the wire to pull it through (I can't see access points along the run and it could be tied up anywhere along the run or in numerous places, or else to suggest an alternative speaker wire run from that speaker to the radio? TIA

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I ran all new wires back from the radio. There is no access to the bow so the cabin speakers need to stay the same. You have to run the wires up above the cabin headliner. Its not as bad as it sounds but a little tricky to figure out. tricky. There are two access caps above the radio. You need to come up from the radio and then remove the windshield wiper cover (toward the middle of the cabin roof) and run a wire here back to pull the speakers wires. Then remove the fuse panel and push a wire back to the the windshield wire access and pull the speaker wires back to the fuse panel. Once the speaker wires are by the fuse panel you will need to route them down to the bilge and pull from there to the locations. Clear as mud....?

I put two more speaker in my walk around step and added speakers to my electronics box as well as a sub in the port helm seat (faces toward the cabin. I wold recommend adding JL Audio "M" series speakers and amps. Well worth the money. Ill be happy to discuss which may be easier. PM me for my number.

Rob
2005 Marlin 300

liinw8

Reaction score
Thanks Rob. I'll pm you. I've also been meaning to post a follow up that Grady CS directed me to the wiring chart which shows the wire run around the bow and agreed that it's impossible to pull through using the factory-installed wires since they're bundled tight together.