Marlin V-Berth Insert

boatino

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2000 GW Marlin and it was missing the V-Berth insert. Any idea where I can purchase one? Is the table top used as the support for the insert or does the insert have some built in support?

Thanks,

John

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The table top provides all of the support for the insert. The edges of the table rest on a lip around the berth so the insert itself it just foam covered by vinyl. A local canvas shop should be able to make one pretty easily - they will just need a pattern which should be easy enough for you to provide. Or just bring the table top with you to the shop so they can use it as a pattern.

Capt. Ed

Reaction score
On my 2004 Marlin, my wife and I never used the table and found it just got in the way, so we took it out. We covered the floor space with teak and holly that matched the rest of the floor. The added space and convenience is wonderful. When we spend the night, we simply place the cushion in it's old spot and we've found the stiff back is enough to keep it in place for the two of us. This probably wouldn't work if you have kids or other heavy activity on the berth.