Marlin V-Berth Table

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I want to remove this table base to access the area underneath and my boat is about 100 miles away. What tools will I need? Is it screwed, bolted? I think the teak floor is screwed to the access panel but not sure about the table base.
Thanks.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd recommend you bring a couple of straight edge razor blades, a #2 Philips screwdriver, a caulk gun (with built in poker), some masking tape, a plastic spoon and some GE Silicone caulk. Mine has a fiberglass piece, no teak in this area. Later models may....

The top will come off and the pole will pull straight up - no tools required. Cut the sealant around the fiberglass piece. Remove all the screws the hold the fiberglass to the cabin step. Place your hand in the table hole center and pull the piece out. Clean the edges of all surfaces using the razor blade removing all caulk. Reverse the steps for removal. Tape caulk areas and install caulk and use a finger wet spoon or finger to get the right caulk edge. Pull tape before caulk sets.

The table base is screwed but has nylock nuts on the back side. I don't think you will get these screws out without accessing the backside to hold the nuts.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thanks Fishtales. It looks to me that the base has to come off before I remove panel. This is a picture I took in December. I can zoom in enough to see small screws that hold the Teak floor down but I can't tell if the base is held down with hex head, allen head or maybe Torx. I guess I can bring em all in different sizes and if I'm surprised, visit a Home Depot. I won't be sealing it up til next month.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,615

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Another thought...
The table support (pipe) looks like it lowers into the area below. Is it big enough for a hand to fit for nut / bolt removal if necessary? Sounds like an earlier post about the problems replacing an impeller on a FP genset.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,

Mine is a 2006 and that piece does not have teak on it. Must have been a change that happened on a later year boat.
On mine all hardware is Phillips heads, I would think they stayed with them. The piece is mounted like the cockpit piece over the fuel tank; screws on the edge and caulking all around. The bow thruster on my boat is under that panel so there should be access.

My guess is the same type of arrangement is probably used. Maybe someone else with a more current boat will chime in.

Good luck!