Merry Christmas

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hello Gentlemen and Ladies, this is a great forum, I’m sure it’s spread across all of North America and beyond. It’s awesome that the internet can bring similar people with similar interests, like fishing and boating together to share ideas and solutions. We are fortunate to live in a place where we can enjoy this. Take care, be well, and let’s keep sharing information as it’s much appreciated, tight lines.

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
You're a nice part of it @luckydude, every group is a sum of its' parts.
Perhaps. If so, it's nice to be a small fish in a big pond of nice fish. I'm not trying to suck up, just shining a light on the fact that this place is special. I'm on a lot of other forums and they are (mostly) kind of crappy. Old salty guys putting down the new guys is pretty typical.

All that I'm trying to say is I really appreciate the people here and how nice they are, it's super pleasant.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I think the advantage of a smaller group is that your typical keyboard cowboy would be too visible and would become a pariah very quickly.

Plus here it's 99.99% GW/Yami, so the constant "this is better than that argument" doesn't exist.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Belated Merry Christmas but Happy New Year and were getting closer to spring....

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
OOOOps forgot to wish the gang a Merry Christmas,......but I certainly do wish you all a great NEW YEAR, boatin flotin and finding the fishies. Be safe and keep searching for more fun and happiness.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Christmas is the season for scammers (unfortunately). I saw this listing below today and red flags lit up. Stealing boats in South Florida for drug running is easy money for these guys. Place an ad like this one and let the owner show you the boat and the location. Come back another day with your "crew" and steal it in the middle of the night. I reported it to South Florida Task Force. Criminals won't bother to look at the forums. Hopefully the Police will scam the scammers and catch them.

They have been stealing electronics off boats behind houses. Stealing boats off lifts. Using cutting torches to cut chains and snatch boats on trailers.

These are bad guys. I have to make my trip down to the Keys in a few weeks. More than a little concerned.

Last edited: