Metal Cleaning/Waxing

sluggoe

Reaction score
what are you guys using to clean and wax your anodized aluminum and stainless steel and how are the results?

i have been using woody wax but wanted to try something different and see how it performs;

--slugg

jaydub

Reaction score
I started using Alumaguard based on the recommendation of a guy that details Grady's. Get a pair of cotton gloves and spray the polish on the gloves; makes it a breeze to apply to t-tops, tubes, etc. It's hard to find but I found it at at he dealer where I bought my boat. Here's the link to the mfgrs website:

http://www.ruppmarine.com/Aluma-Guard-- ... ay-64.html

SteveS

Reaction score
In the spring, I use Collinite #850 Metal Wax followed by Collinite #845 Insulator Wax. I use it on all aluminim and stainless steel on the boat . It lasts until I pull the boat in October. I previously used Woody wax then tried Alumigard. I needed to reapply too often. I was surprised how long the Collinite lasted and how well it protected the metals.

sluggoe

Reaction score
interesting....passing on what the grady dealer said -- anything abrasive applied to the clear coat that is on the anodized aluminum would remove the clear coat and hasten the deterioration of the aluminum especially if you thereafter don't regularly clean it and put on a metal sealer;

so i guess if the factory clear coat is already gone/removed then this works out well;

thx.

--slugg

awc4kds

Reaction score
I second the Collinite metal wax/cleaner. It is easy to use and in my experience lasts longer than woody wax or alumigard.