Miami and north

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Looking to but a condo in the north of miami area thats good for boating. Heading down in Janurary to look. Any suggestions would be helpful

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Between Pompano Beach north of NE 14th St and Lighthouse Point south of E Hillsboro blvd.
That gets you out with only one bridge at Hillsboro Inlet.

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Between Pompano Beach north of NE 14th St and Lighthouse Point south of E Hillsboro blvd.
That gets you out with only one bridge at Hillsboro Inlet.
Thanks. I will check out that area

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hillsboro inle area is nice. I boated out of there a few winters. On bad weather you can use Port Everglades to go in or out. I don't remember bridge heights so check. Haulover inlet is similar too.

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hillsboro inle area is nice. I boated out of there a few winters. On bad weather you can use Port Everglades to go in or out. I don't remember bridge heights so check. Haulover inlet is similar too.
Thanks for the info.
I have a 268 islander. I know Florida has some low bridges esoecially at high tide.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
My brother owns a condo near Merrit Boat Works and the public ramp in Pompano. We ran a 290 Aquasport there for 20 years. Before he put on the tower we got under the inlet bridge with the riggers laid down. Great place for fishing. Sadly, the boat is gone and he rents out the condo...Someday my 265 might retire to there....

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
My brother owns a condo near Merrit Boat Works and the public ramp in Pompano. We ran a 290 Aquasport there for 20 years. Before he put on the tower we got under the inlet bridge with the riggers laid down. Great place for fishing. Sadly, the boat is gone and he rents out the condo...Someday my 265 might retire to there....
Thank s. Ill check out the marina when Im there. Any recommendations for a fishing charter?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
The BOLO fleet used to be at Hillsboro inlet. I think they are in Deerfield now so they fish out of Hillsboro or Boca.
They are $99 per/person. I never chartered them but they were always fishing the same area as us. Sailfishing should get good in Jan.
It does get chilly...50 & windy...good for sails...

Seafarer_Bob

Reaction score
Outer Banks NC - Winter / Ocean City MD Summer
Model
Seafarer
Good fishing and less crowded out of Pompano inlet than Port Everglades but Pompano can get dicey when there's a big swell. PE can also get bad but small boats can usually hug the south jetty and head south out of the main channel to avoid the worst of it. Pompano is shallow and big waves will break on the last bar so you need to time the set when surfs up or the waves can turn you around, the hard way...

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Good fishing and less crowded out of Pompano inlet than Port Everglades but Pompano can get dicey when there's a big swell. PE can also get bad but small boats can usually hug the south jetty and head south out of the main channel to avoid the worst of it. Pompano is shallow and big waves will break on the last bar so you need to time the set when surfs up or the waves can turn you around, the hard way...
Thanks Bob
Pompano inlet is Hillsborough inlet corect?