Miami Boat Show Grady Pics

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Awesome pictures!!

One question I have though...why is Grady building the thruster tubes the way they are? A void at the bottom of the hull then inserting the section, that means that section is likely solid to privide the strength it needs there since it was cut out. There are much easier ways that will provide better strength for that hull. Very bad design coming from a designer, a big no no as far as I'm concerned. They are one of a small few who do it this way... I mean a very small few. Asthetically it doesn;t look good and from a build perspective it is more work as well as weakening that part of the hull, whats the benefit...?

I have to say I love the Express with the pilot house, one of the best I've seen. Many other builders have done it and they look like crap because they were added on after the fact. It is very very hard to design a pilot house after the fact and make it asthetically look good while being functional. They did a very good job making it match the look of the boat and making it eye pleaseing and feel very open. Some builders pilot houses on their express's or walk arounds feel clostraphobic. With the A/C or Heat on that helm just became one of the best boats in it's size on the market.