Mid-cabin porthole hatch

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My 2007 Marlin has a porthole window facing aft that has broken latches. Instead of simply caulking it in the shut position (which I may indeed do as time is running short for pre-trip projects) I have been looking for a full replacement. I haven't called GW yet since I don't want to pay the expected crazy fee, but I'm not seeing anything of the correct size on iBoats, PartsVu, Amazon, etc...

Hatch is approx 12X5 (I get 12.25X5 3/8 for the outer cover.

Anyone have a part number or website I'm just not finding?

This hatch needs to be closed and sealed when we washdown the deck, or else my crewmember who sleeps there complains. I've let him go three years complaining, but this year I thought I'd do something nice for him instead of continuing to ignore his whines.

?

Thanks in advance. Randy

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Is it made by Bomar or maybe Pomapnette? You could call them directly or at least contact Grady to get the manufacturer and model. Then go shopping.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Angler Management said:
or else my crewmember who sleeps there complains. I've let him go three years complaining, but this year I thought I'd do something nice for him instead of continuing to ignore his whines.

Tell him to wear his Grundens to bed and quit being a big baby!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Found something I think is probably the answer on a site called Go2Marine.com They call it a Beckson Newport Ports 310.

Newport Ports, 310 Self Drain Ports - 5-1/2" x 12-3/8" Overall

I bet this works out. If not I'll let you know. Should know by the 4th.

Gotta keep the crew happy so they keep handing me cold beers and moving coolers and washing down the deck. A lazy crew is much worse than a whiny crew.

R