Missing cup holder drain tubing

wcollins

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
GW 336 canyon- replaced white plastic drink holders with stainless steel, noticed missing cup holder drain piping along with broken plastic drain tees. Has anyone else been able to reconnect drain tubing or was this done at the factory and accessibility possible? Where does this drain tubing connect to go overboard rather than in the bilge?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Did the white plastic drink holders that you replaced from the factory have the drain tubing attached to them? I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the drink holders just have the drain plumbed out of the bottom and then they literally just drain out onto the floor or into the bilge. I've not heard of them having tubing attached and draining overboard or anything like that, though with newer boats it could be somewhat different.

wcollins

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
Did the white plastic drink holders that you replaced from the factory have the drain tubing attached to them? I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the drink holders just have the drain plumbed out of the bottom and then they literally just drain out onto the floor or into the bilge. I've not heard of them having tubing attached and draining overboard or anything like that, though with newer boats it could be somewhat different.
I have no idea on how the drain tubing works. If it just drains into the bilge, then why all the intricate tubing ? There are 9 drink holders. All that tubing would be unnecessary if it drains into the bilge. Yes, every drink holder had plastic tubing connected to tees that went somewhere. I’d guess overboard than into the bilge.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
The cupholders in my 305 have drain tubes that drain onto the cockpit floor. You should be able to find the small outlets below the cupholders.

Coastboater

Reaction score
You should find small white plastic “grommets“ with a ~1/4” hole in them, usually on a vertical surface adjacent to the cockpit floor underneath cupholders. tI’ve only really seen a need for the drains when I wash the boat.
make sure the helm console cupholders are plumbed so they don’t spill on to electrical/electronics

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I would be very surprised if they drained overboard. That's more work than is needed. Meaning, there's no reason for it - if the cupholders get rained on... so does the cockpit. All that matters is getting the water out of the cupholder so it doesn't fill up and have customers complain about having to empty their cupholders.

It's all pretty standard tubing and connectors that you can get at Home Depot.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Not sure what your model does but..
Cupholders and rodholders that are mounted in "blind" gunnels can have a drain tube to prevent water from being trapped on top of the foam that is outside the stringers.
They can drain to a small outlet to the main deck or they can drain thru tubing all the way to the center bilge or the shower sump.

If they are not "blind" but overhang the deck, then you don't need drain tubing.

Usually 3/8" ID tubing

Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 12.39.23 PM.png

Eltajin

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
GW 336 canyon- replaced white plastic drink holders with stainless steel, noticed missing cup holder drain piping along with broken plastic drain tees. Has anyone else been able to reconnect drain tubing or was this done at the factory and accessibility possible? Where does this drain tubing connect to go overboard rather than in the bilge?
As other noted the tubing (mine is 3/8”) just connects from the cupholders to “impact drains” (west marine etc. sells them, 3/8” by 1-1/2” is what I needed) that allow water to drain onto the deck then out the scuppers.

As for accessibility, the helm cup holder tubing and drains can be accessed via the access hatch in the cabin. At least on the 2011 336, imo, those are the only critical drains to make sure you have to keep water off electronic wiring, electronic box actuator, and condenser. The other cupholders would just drain directly into the bilge if you didn’t install tubing, so it might not be worth the hassle to you, as some of that access can be tighter, but was doable for me.

wcollins

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
As other noted the tubing (mine is 3/8”) just connects from the cupholders to “impact drains” (west marine etc. sells them, 3/8” by 1-1/2” is what I needed) that allow water to drain onto the deck then out the scuppers.

As for accessibility, the helm cup holder tubing and drains can be accessed via the access hatch in the cabin. At least on the 2011 336, imo, those are the only critical drains to make sure you have to keep water off electronic wiring, electronic box actuator, and condenser. The other cupholders would just drain directly into the bilge if you didn’t install tubing, so it might not be worth the hassle to you, as some of that access can be tighter, but was doable for me.
Thank you, I’ll pick a nice day next week, ordered the impact drains from Rusty’s in Dania beach fl. West marine and gem Lux are not carrying them.

sturgstev

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My '04 228 has a drain tubing that is attached to something below the deck.

Tried to replaced one of the cracked cups with the metal cups but it would not fit.

So far I put clear tape on the outside of the cracked cup until I come up with a better repair solution.

It is starting to rain here.

steve

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
My '04 228 has a drain tubing that is attached to something below the deck.

Tried to replaced one of the cracked cups with the metal cups but it would not fit.

So far I put clear tape on the outside of the cracked cup until I come up with a better repair solution.

It is starting to rain here.

steve
Get a short hose that fits the SS's barb, then get a simple barb-to-barb adapter to get back to the original hose size.

Fishtales

Reaction score
yep. crappy design, tube just drains in into the bilge - a controlled bilge fill! Without the drain, the cups fill with water in the rain.