Missing parts for Adventure 20 (208)

hjbutler

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hello Everyone, I've newly acquired a 1994 Adventure 20 and it is missing some things. In particular I'd like to find cabin cushions. Since the exact same model is still being sold, it seems likely that these would be the same as what is used on the now. However, that would have to be determined. Grady says "ask the dealer" and the dealer says "no old parts." Thank you for your suggestions!

seasick

Reaction score
You can have them made. It won't be cheap but it will be less expensive than buying from Grady if they can supply them. Note that there are 4 cushions in the cabin; stbd and port long side cushions, mid cabin over the space where the portapotty would be, and mid cabin aft of the opening or the porta potty. I never use that cushion. Those two squarish cushions have solid wooden bottoms since they sit on open areas.

Reactions: Lt.Mike

hjbutler

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Thanks! I was wondering if the center cushions originally included the boards or if the boards were a separate item.

Also on this boat, the gunwale pads are shot; I'm not sure these were a good idea, anyway. I may just figure out some way to cover the holes neatly when I remove them.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Thanks! I was wondering if the center cushions originally included the boards or if the boards were a separate item.

Also on this boat, the gunwale pads are shot; I'm not sure these were a good idea, anyway. I may just figure out some way to cover the holes neatly when I remove them.
I have a 204C and the two center cushions incorporate the boards.
There’s a drop board right in front of the Porta potty that supports the front cushion and must be used . We went without and broke the cushion board on a bump. I just replaced its board which was a simple matter of carefully pulling the staples , pulling the old board out, tracing it onto new plywood, cutting it out, fitting it in and popping new stainless staples in. Good to go.

seasick

Reaction score
There’s a drop board right in front of the Porta potty that supports the front cushion and must be used . We went without and broke the cushion board on a bump. I just replaced its board which was a simple matter of carefully pulling the staples , pulling the old board out, tracing it onto new plywood, cutting it out, fitting it in and popping new stainless staples in. Good to go.
Good point about that divider. I should have mentioned it.

hjbutler

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I see. Fortunately, I do have the drop board. I'm going to order some plastic boards for the two center pieces and worry about cushions later. No one is going to sleep in this boat! Thanks for your reply.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I see. Fortunately, I do have the drop board. I'm going to order some plastic boards for the two center pieces and worry about cushions later. No one is going to sleep in this boat! Thanks for your reply.
You’d be surprised.
I doubt we’d ever do an “overnighter” on ours but I expected my wife and daughter to take advantage of it to take a nap and they have plenty of times. I mounted a small oscillating fan in the cabin for the warmer days which has been a welcome addition.

hjbutler

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Good point; one reason I bought this boat is that my wife insisted on a cabin, however small!

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
we always use our small cabin for naps during long trolling sessions. Another great find was a marine bean bag - they are soooo comfy! Probably why I don't catch fish....