Modified Seafarer

Fishin' Rod

Reaction score
First I like to say thanks to Don Battin who owns Pipe Dreams in Woodbine, NJ and Frank Verna in Elmer, NJ. Don installed my new HardTop along with Joe Priest of Cape May, NJ doing my Enclosure and Frank installed my new Bow Pulpit with a Lamar Windless. Everybody, Thank You for doing a great job. I don't think that I could of had anyone else do it better.

Here's a couple of before and after shots. I'm still in the middle of detailing her and waiting on parts to rebuild the lower unit to my 200 hp Merc, that's why she's still in the back yard.

OldSantanaSide.jpg

SantanaSide.jpg

OldSantanaBack.jpg

SantanaBack.jpg

gw204

Reaction score
She looks great!

Don does some really nice work. I had him do the T-Top and leaning post on my old 204.

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

Average Joe

Reaction score
Looks great. Can you give me a ballpark figure on the top installed? I've toyed with the idea of putting one on my 208.

Fishin' Rod

Reaction score
I'll PM you with what I paid. If you ever heard that when you get a HardTop you'll wonder how you did without one. Well, it's true. It really makes a big difference.

Reaction score
Thanks Rod

Boat looks great Rod, Good luck with her this season..

AverageJoe.. I have a 208 in the shop right now.. I'll post a few pics when its done...

gw204

Reaction score
I've got a fighting chair spider on the way back from Don right now. Broke off one of the tensioning "tabs" last year. I thought I was going to have to buy a new one, but Don offered to weld it up for me.

I think it was a one day turn around. NOW THAT'S SERVICE!!! :D Thanks a bunch Don! My lazy father in law will appreciate it next week in NC when he can sit down to catch kings! :)

Fishin' Rod

Reaction score
Lanch Day

Well, finally got her in the water. Had to wait until I had my lower unit rebuilt. Many problems finding the gear set.

She looks pretty doesn't she?

LaunchDayIC.jpg

ADB

Reaction score
Love your lettering

Did you do it yourself? If so where did you order lettering and how did you figure out sizes?

Fishin' Rod

Reaction score
Re: Love your lettering

ADB said:
Did you do it yourself? If so where did you order lettering and how did you figure out sizes?

Actually the name I think looks much better from the other side. Thanks for noticing though. To answer your question I did the lettering myself. I first took a picture of my boat and with a computer I worked out the placement and size and then went to a sign company. After ordering the lettering I put it on myself. Actually it's pretty easy, if you need any instruction I'll be glad to help you with it.

Rod

88Diesels

Reaction score
Grady Hardtop

Good evening! I've been thinking of getting a hardtop for my 89 228. I've heard some why not's. Mainly the added weight trailering and docking. Your's look great and all the ones I've seen are. My question is, Do you regret not getting any sooner than you did?

charles

Reaction score
old top

what did you do with the old top
i need the back curtians
203-723-7878
charles

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Fishing Rod everything looks great.
If you don't mind what size lettering did you use on the name?
shows off real well.

Fishin' Rod

Reaction score
I can measure the size from the Adobe Illustrator file I have if that would help. Depending on what name you put on your boat would determine what size you want. I took a picture of my boat and placed the name on it with my computer to see what I thought would look good. I have redone the name on my boat which my Ex wife output for me. She has her own sign company. Here is a shot of the new name.
P8090393.jpg
[/img]