Mooring Lines

Bob Meola

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get this kind of mooring line with swivel already attached? A friend of mine used do mine by hand but has moved .
Thanks

Attachments

• Line.jpg
    Line.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 31

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
When you say swivel that clip doesn't have a swivel it's just a clip. The stainless clip and some 3-strand line - West Marine. They might be able to do the splice for a fee. Buy a small splicing fid and watch a few YouTube video's. Not that hard to do 3-strand.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Agree with Hookup1, buy the parts and do your own not that hard.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
In addition to what was mentioned...

Don't use that clip - it's not strong enough.

And, there's really no need for a swivel on a mooring line... unless your boat is doing flips in the air! Plus, swivels are a weak point. Rope to cleat is the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halfhitch

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Appropriately sized snaps are OK under tension, but they are lousy under shock. Growing up on a farm, I have seen many of them snapped by a horse, or a cow, throwing their head up when their lead is attached to a solid object.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I wouldn't use those transom hooks for any lines. Trailering tie down, yes. Use the cleats and if you need to run lines from aft cleats in an X pattern over the motors in a storm. When calm, the side cleats should be more than enough. I you want, run one line off the aft end straight back.