Motor bracket refinishing

TheBounty

Reaction score
Hello all I'm new to the boat ownership world. I'm looking for a little help or advise on refinishing my bracket on a 88 offshore 24. I have read a bunch of different things and I believe I should use alumiprep then alodine then 4 coats of interprotect 2000 is this the best thing to do or is there any better coating or process I should follow. I already have the old paints stripped off and down to bare aluminum and the bracket is already off the boat. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Seajuice

Reaction score
I just had mine done on an '86 Tournament. I'm not sure what sealer or paint he used but had to sand blast it a couple of times first. Now it looks great! I could find out if you are interested.

TheBounty

Reaction score
I have not heard of many people powder coating it. How does it last in salt water when the boat is kept in a slip. Will it hold up

lime4x4

Reaction score
I had mine linexed by a local company.. That was 3 years ago and it's holding up great. I boat in freshwater,saltwater and brackish water.

20131129_081224.jpg

lime4x4

Reaction score
Not for long periods of time. It stays 2 weeks in saltwater at a marina in Delaware.