Motor Gave Up - looking For Options

Long story short, my 1993 Yamaha 225 HP two-smoke finally quit. Am hoping to repower with a used Yamaha if possible, but am having trouble trying to locate a reputable source for used motors. Am hoping someone here might be able to provide a few recommendations. For background, I've already gotten a quote to repower with the new 200HP I4 Yamaha, but that's a tough pill to swallow currently. I appreciate any and all leads.

Thanks

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Lots of OX66's available. 4-stroke won't work with your vintage hull. The weight will put the scuppers under water.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Mikes Outboards in Baltimore. Believe he gives a 1-year warranty. BUT he rigs all 2-strokes to premix.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
I'd go to THT and search the name. Lots of activity there and you're sure to get some feedback.

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Keep your eyes open for an OX66 on tht and craigslist. When I had to repower form a failed powerhead a few years back I found a 1997 225hp OX66 with all the rigging for $2000. It was a great deal, a marina took it in on consignment after the owner repowered to a 4 stroke, they just wanted it gone and the owner did not really care what he got for it. I had to drive to Long Island, which was not too bad, about 3-4 hours. It was a great motor and trouble free, I sold the old one in parts for almost what I paid for the new-to-me one. If you are handy with tools it was easy to rig too, did not even take a full day and that was my first one.