Mounted Trolling Motor on Gulfstream

jfisher212

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I racked my brains on mounting a Rhodan trolling motor on my Gulfstream. Attached are photos of a solution I came up with. You can see I hade two plates made - the top plate was to move the motor forward so that the motor would not hit the bow railing support rail. If I had to do it all over again, I would make the two plates identical to give it better strength.

Attachments

• Rhodan Bottom View.jpg
    Rhodan Bottom View.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 58
  • Rhodan Side View.jpg
    Rhodan Side View.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Rhodan Top View.jpg
    Rhodan Top View.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 56

seasick

Reaction score
That's a heavy hull to move. How well does the trolling motor work and what is its thrust?
What is its voltage requirement and did you install separate batteries for it?

jfisher212

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
That's a heavy hull to move. How well does the trolling motor work and what is its thrust?
What is its voltage requirement and did you install separate batteries for it?
I had to purchase the higher power trolling motor - 36V trolling motor and the longer shaft 84" (96" would may be better in heavy seas but I am not bottom fishing in rough seas). The Trolling Motor provides 120 pounds of thrust. I could have purchased 3 batteries but decided on the 36V Ionic single battery which saves valuable space in the cuddy. The battery has an app that shows you the current load, voltage and battery usage. I have been fishing in the Keys in light weather and was able to anchor lock without any issues. Also a friend as a 25' Mako and has had no problems with the Rhodan.

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
Very informative. Thanks for the details.
Did you get the GPS tracking model?

jfisher212

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Very informative. Thanks for the details.
Did you get the GPS tracking model?
The Rhodan has a NMEA 2000 to allow a tracking mode. However be careful Garmin does allow tracking but others like Lowrance, Raymarine and Simrad may offer tracking - but ask Rhodan to make sure which products support tracking.