Mounting Lee Jrs on a 1998 Islander

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hello, I just purchased a set of Lee Jr’s with the heavy duty 19 foot poles. I am mounting them on my 1998 islander. I was wondering if anyone has the jr’s Mounted on a islander could post pictures of the area where they are mounted. I called Grady and asked if the have the measurements when they installed them from the factory and they do not. They did tell me the model numbers and I spoke the Lee company and having them shipped now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bob.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I've never seen an Islander with Lee's mounted. When we purchased our boat it had the soft top and the damn mount for the VHF antenna was almost too much to get past with the narrow walkways. I wouldn't want to try to move forward much with Lee's mounted on those cabin sides. JMHO

While the Lee's will certainly let you pull more, I don't think you get much more spread than we do with 15-ft mounted on the hard top. Ours are at a lower angle than Lee's are when deployed.

In any case, good luck with your install.

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I’ve seen them mounted but only in pictures. They were an option from the factory but the original owner didn’t get them. I was going to get sidewinders but then I would have to get a plated welded to the bars on the hardtop for extra support. I didn’t want to do all that. The juniors are light and easy to handle. That’s what I’m hoping anyway.

Fishtales

Reaction score
check the older catalogs on the GW website. they often show them as options near the back of the catalogs.

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Had them on my 95 Islander, picture is not mine, lifted it from google. Mine were set up bout the same.

26106786887_84f712448f.jpg

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
The outriggers are on and look perfect on the boat. The Lee Jr’s look gook with 19 foot heavy duty poles. The heavy duty poles allow me to drag two lines on both poles with no flex. Angled the pole so the tips are inline with the back out the outboards.