Mounting Outriggers

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a set of Lee’s OH227T outrigger bases off my old boat and have been thinking about the best way to mount them. I didn’t want to take the hard top off and remove the wiring. I came up with aluminium pieces that mount around the hard top tubing. I will have to get some alterations to the side enclosure as the zip won’t be able to run full length. When will I get this done? Who knows. The boat is stored off-site and today we have been told to only leave home for work, medical and to buy food and no groups over 2 people And we are having the best game fishing season for many years.0140687B-6323-4760-9893-F15B37DDCB0A.jpeg

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
What boat are you trying to mount them on Sean?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Prob a good move. With the welding you may have to pull wires and maybe the hardtop itself. Around the pipes can be done and look fine.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Another way to mount wishbone riggers on a 228

Attachments

• Grady outriggers.jpg
    Grady outriggers.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 27

Fishtales

Reaction score
that works but I think I'd try a method to stand them off the hard top tubing a few inches to give you room for the enclosure and no plate.

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
that works but I think I'd try a method to stand them off the hard top tubing a few inches to give you room for the enclosure and no plate.
Can you give a bit more detail. Don’t quite get it. If I could do it without modifying the enclosure that would be great.

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Could this base mount configuration simply be flat mounted on the hardtop? It appears that in the position of the photo (without the aluminum half rings) that the rigger pole would be upright while running and laid over to troll. You would just remove the poles during trailering which you would have to do in any configuration. The angles of deployment could be adjusted by adding thin starboard shims under the bases when you bolt them down. Another good option might be to sell these and buy lee Gunnel mount bases that take drop in 16 foot poles. Used them on my 26 Fortier and loved them...very inexpensive, light, and easy to remove for bridges or towing.